Sunday, September 11, 2011

9-11 on a work day


I have to say - I know I went to work. I know I had clients in my chair. I just can't remember anything but disbelief and numbness.

The only memory that sticks with me is how people on the street , in the coffee shop, and the cafe I got my lunch at looked at me directly instead of through me and said Hello. I remember for the week following that total strangers struck up conversations with me wherever I went.

I end this little post with the one quote from that day that makes my heart swell with American pride and makes me tear up whenever I hear it or see it :

 " Are you guys ready? Let's ROLL ! "  -- flight 93 passenger Todd Beamer, just before he and other passengers attacked the hijackers and saved a hit on the White House. September 11

 Now that is AMERICAN !

No comments:

Post a Comment