Sunday, September 4, 2011

NAKED! It's the new black.................

I have been busy researching the latest trends coming up and testing them out -the biggest one being the new Nude tones. Every company seems to have them. I went middle of the road in cost when updating my kit for the Fall.
Urban Decay is by far my favorite new purchase. The colors(virgin, sin,naked,sidecar,buck,half baked, smog,darkhorse,toasted,hustle,creep and gunmetal) are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G and by purchasing this palette I discovered that this company is more than just funky nail polish colors. The Kit comes with their clear eye primer and a really nice contour brush.

 I picked up the Naked lipstick and 3 new pencils - Gash (red) and Wicked(nude pink) for lips and Yeyo(white) for eyes and lips. The pencils are waterproof, yet very creamy. They are truly 24/7 wear and I can not recommend them enough. The lipstick is just the best! I can never keep lipstick on - its always been a battle for me. Not so with this product. They don't have a lot of colors to choose from, but what they do have is a good round up of colors for every skin color. Just using the pencils under one of your current lipsticks would be beneficial.

Pretty color and it has a sword on it for all of you pirate lovers.

 I happen to like LORAC a lot and have been using the blushes and lipsticks since she launched, so how happy was I to see this ridiculously low priced set. I blush in Rendevous(all around pink), 2 eye shadows in Negligee (creamy oyster) and Boudoir ( grey taupe), 3 mini couture lip shines in Trendsetter, Muse and Vintage all in neutral tones with pinky bases. PLUS - the cutest lace clutch zip bag to put it all in ! All for $28.00. Seriously!!


The last two things in the new Fall line up in my kit that I am so in love with are Benefits Birthday Suit Creme Shadow - which is what you see on Jennifer Aniston . It is beautiful and stays on all day with or without primer. you can use it as a base or by itself and it works well with the jewel tones that are also cropping up this season. More on that later.



Last, but far from least, I picked up one of the most gorgeous - longest lasting - black eyeliners I have ever owned. The company is called Tarte. They have a current eyeshadow palette out right now that was designed for the True Blood series on HBO. I had never heard of it, but as all things that sparkle - it caught my eye. The pencils especially. I picked up one in Golden Black. The line is called smolderEYES, it is Amazonian Clay and it is beyond waterproof. It goes on creamy and you have a smudge tip on one end of the pencil to feather your line, but you don't have much time. Once the oils in it evaporate, its on until you wash it off with make - up remover. They have several other colors too. This one is my favorite though. I have been using it non stop since I got it. I can get a surprisingly thin line with that fat tip as well.


Here is an example of how the colors wear and read on yours truly since I am my most available model. What I have on is a concealer from Cinema Secrets, Bare Minerals foundation in Medium Tan, Virgin, Naked and Buck for shadow, Yeyo and Golden Black for liner, brows were CiCi pencil in Beige, Big Fatty Mascara by Urban Decay, Rendevous blush for color, La Femme Dark Tan for contrast, on my lips I outlined outside the lip in Yeyo, filled in with Wicked and then used Naked on top. It lasted all day in the salon and I was pretty busy that day. The hair was done in big 3 inch pincurls and brushed out with DuSharme hairdress. The flower is one of my own creations.

 
I'm also pretty excited that I was put up on the Bernie Dexter website with this look and this dress. Check it out if you get the chance at www.berniedexter.com


Have a Happy Hair Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment