Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pravana Perfection Smoothing Treatment AKA Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition


Soooo much hoopla these days about which smoother to use. So many people up in arms, reports and stories abound and the Internet is just about blowing up with information about how we are all going to die if we don't wear a gas mask in the salon.

photo courtsey www.wallpaper4me.com


Really.

Whatever the real truth may be with all of these things - I, for one, am so tired of the whole deal I was about to give up on any smoothing service on my menu. Then I get a new industry hair magazine. I see the pretty ad and I call the 800 number. I like what I hear which is this:

Perfection SmoothOut is a new patent-pending innovation to instantly(well 2 hours)and safely transform coarse, frizzy, hair to smooth, straighter, and superbly shiny with results lasting 8-12 weeks. Perfection SmoothOut employs a proprietary nano-amino acid complex that virtually alters the internal memory of the hair fiber to transform it to a smoother, straighter, frizz-free state. Why stop at great, when you can have Perfection?
Perfection SmoothOut is a demi-permanent service that reduces curl and eliminates frizz. By using our nano-amino acid complex we temporarily suspend the textural memory of the hair so that in 8-12 weeks...the hair gradually goes back to it's original curl. No worries of lines of demarcation or roots! It is safe for all hair types and conditions, including bleached and previously relaxed hair.

And here are a few words from the founder of Pravana:


And now ( long drum roll please) what I have to say about Pravana Perfection:

   1. No Gloves! That would be the first rather gigantic clue that Matt Lauer will not be attacking this on any of his shows. Chemical free - wheeeeeeeeee!!!!
    2. Lower heat. Rather than the 400 -450 degree flat iron - the temperature is a cool and breezy 360  F
    3. We are not required to blow the hair as straight as possible on higher heat. We merely need to blow dry the majority of the hair dry with a paddle brush and then flat iron it.
   4. Your hair is silky and you can do many things with it, rather than just one thing and you have body.
   5. I am able to do the service for less.
   6. Color can be done the same day!!

 The only draw back is that depending on how much hair you have it can be a little time consuming. It does have to process for 15 to 30 minutes depending on how smooth we are trying to get it.

So - basically - as a hairstylist - I LOVE this product. My clients who were doing the BB - are happier with their hair. Now I just have to get it together so I can start posting many lovely before and afters for your viewing pleasure.

 My girl Kelli is awesome and lets me take 8 million pictures whenever I get something new in to try.

  I happen to have a picture of her hair from the back just about a week before we did the Pravana. She was at a party and it was pretty humid outside. Her hair is neither curly nor straight and the strands are fine, but she has a lot of hair- before we met she was doing red box dye, roots to ends. It has been a long road to hair recovery.The smoothers help her be kind to her hair.


Here are some shots of her 3 weeks after her first Pravana treatment. I think these show the product best. The first shot is of her the day after a swim party - she came home washed her hair and went to bed with damp hair

Pretty good I think.

Here it is after we colored and I just combed it out to show you how smooth it actually is.


You can see the small amount of wave towards the ends. These final shots show the blow dry - I used only my fingers and The Pravana Leave In Spray Conditioner,  which happens to smell a lot like Vacation. The last shot is her front hairline and part where it typically is very frizzy. No high heat - no ceramic brushes - no flat iron.
We LOVE the product!!





A fabulous Floridian hairstylist named Tony did a brilliant YouTube Video detailing all of the steps and if you have an extra 8 minutes and are that curious about how it works please watch his clever video  (which happens to be better than the actual training video, sorry Pravana) :



Have a Happy Hair Day!!



   




















No comments:

Post a Comment